Eat right for your Gut – Disease begins in Your Microbiome.
- Consume probiotic foods such as kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut and kimchi together with prebiotic foods such as garlic, onions, bananas, leeks and legumes are essential for maintaining the health of your gut.
- Only take anti-biotics when absolutely necessary
- Avoid non-essential medications
- Practise techniques to lower stress such as yoga, meditation and moderate exercise.
- Aim for 7-8 hours sleep per night.
- Stay hydrated. Take your body weight in pounds and divide by half. The resulting figure is the number of ounces of water you need to consume each day.
- Don’t obsess over hygiene. Spend time outdoors. Its ok to get a little dirty, your microbiome will thank you for it!